[dev] Missing developer documentation

Lou Berger lberger at labn.net
Tue Dec 12 09:12:30 EST 2017

Hi Olivier,

On 12/12/2017 8:52 AM, Olivier Dugeon wrote:
> Hi Lou,
>
> Le 12/12/2017 à 14:17, Lou Berger a écrit :
>
> [...]
>> Most important to me is for there to be a community discussion and
>> agreement.
>>
>> If we have closed/limited discussion on direction changes of the
>> project, we'll be no better off than we were before the fork.  For me
>> this is the most important attribute of FRR, i.e., that it is community
>> driven vs driven by the decisions of one (person, company, interest
>> group, etc).  If we revert to that model of operation, my interest in
>> this project will severely wane.
> Completely agree with you. Now, the main problem is more on process. We have not setup rules for the weekly meeting to produce meeting minutes which must be review during the next meeting or on the mailing list. If such principle has been in place, we could look to the archive and fix this issue immediately instead of trying to remember what have been said during a summer meeting ...
I just sent a PR to document what I have understood to be our process,
but you're right it wasn't documented and should have been...

>From : https://github.com/FRRouting/frr/pull/1539

 The Development list is used to discuss and document general issues
 related to project development and governance. The public Slack
 instance, frrouting.slack.com, and weekly technical meetings provide a
 higher bandwidth channel for discussions.  The results of such
 discussions must be reflected in updates, as appropriate, to code (i.e.,
 merges), [github](https://github.com/FRRouting/frr/issues) tracked
 issues, and for governance or process changes, updates to the
 Development list and either this file or information posted at
 [https://frrouting.org/](https://frrouting.org/).