[frr] Current Pull Requests and their state

Donald Sharp sharpd at cumulusnetworks.com
Fri Jan 20 09:11:50 EST 2017

Sending this out because I wanted to make sure we were all on the same
page of what I think needs to be done.  Sorting from Oldest -> Newest:

1) https://github.com/freerangerouting/frr/pull/42

PIM-SM + MSDP -> pull to master request
    This code passes the CI system now, and has 1 review comment in
regards to using a large buffer size that still needs to be addressed.
Additionally this code will not function properly for register
messages( at the very least ) on *bsd.

2) https://github.com/freerangerouting/frr/pull/44

BGP VRF Route Distinguisher configuration + VRF import Processing +
VRF Multipath -> pull to master request
   This code passes the CI system and had/has 2 questions being asked:
      1)  Functional -> How does this fit in with the vnc code already there?
      2)  CLI: How do we properly envision configuration?
   Question #2 I believe we have consensus via the RD/RT vrf-policy
discussion from Tuesday.
   Question #1 I believe we need to have a better understanding of
RFAPI how it works and how we plan to fit the two systems together.
Lou -> I believe David is working on setting up a meeting to discuss
this.

3) https://github.com/freerangerouting/frr/pull/75

Fix a number of VPN SAFI related issues, add vrf flavor of vnc
commands -> pull request to stable/2.0

Currently this code needs to be merged with latest stable/2.0.
Additionally I believe there is discussion about whether or not we are
putting to many new commands into stable/2.0 from David.  I cannot
remember the result of that discussion?

4) https://github.com/freerangerouting/frr/pull/88

Mergedown vpn old format -> pull request to master

Code passes both CI and is ready to be merged.  I plan to look at this
further today.

5) https://github.com/freerangerouting/frr/pull/90

Master version of #83 Fix a number of VPN/Encap SAFI related issues
(no VRF CLI changes) -> pull request to master

Code passes both CI and is ready to be merged.  I plan to look at this
further today.

6) https://github.com/freerangerouting/frr/pull/92

Support for BGP Large Communities -> pull request to master

Code passes CI and is ready to be merged.  An issue has been
identified in regards to broken show ip bgp command that I need to
address.

7) https://github.com/freerangerouting/frr/pull/93

Various Build Warnings Fixage -> Pull request to master

Code passes CI and is ready to be merged.  An issue has been
identified that can either be fixed now or in a future commit.

8) https://github.com/freerangerouting/frr/pull/96

lib: guard strict cli completeions -> pull request to master

Code passes CI and is ready to be merged.  I do not believe anyone has
looked at it yet.

9) https://github.com/freerangerouting/frr/pull/97

2.0 version of vrf-policy and add/clear vrf prefix vty support

Code passes CI and is ready to be merged.  I do not believe anyone has
looked at it yet.

10) https://github.com/freerangerouting/frr/pull/98

feature/zebra-srcdest

Code passes CI and is ready to be merged.  Request for feature
discussion has been made.

thanks!