[frr] [freerangerouting/frr] feature/zebra-srcdest (#98)

Christian Franke chris at opensourcerouting.org
Fri Jan 20 09:26:10 EST 2017

Hello Donald,

On 01/20/2017 02:58 PM, Donald Sharp wrote:
> I don't understand what we are trying to achieve here as that I don't
> understand the srcdest feature in linux.  Can we get an email to the
> frr alias with a quick overview and design document?

The motivation and design of Dst-src routing is described in the IETF
working group document draft-ietf-rtgwg-dst-src-routing. [1]

Among other things, this feature is useful for multihomed networks
without their own address space in the face of ISPs employing BCP38,
which is likely to become more common with the progressing adoption of IPv6.

The pull request extends Zebra so that it can support dst-src routes in
its RIB, providing the basis for implementing dynamic routing with
dst-src routes.

Please let me know if there are any more questions.

-Christian

[1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rtgwg-dst-src-routing-03