[frr] The bgpafisafi pull request

Donald Sharp sharpd at cumulusnetworks.com
Thu Jan 26 09:21:51 EST 2017

https://github.com/freerangerouting/frr/pull/107

Philippe -

You had a review comment two days ago:

how do you initialise vrf in the case vrf_name is already null (
commands with no vrf at all)?
I would lie the *vrf value to be set inside that function.

I responded with:

I do not believe this is the right thing to do. Only the calling
function knows what the right defaults are for the afi/safi/vrf due to
we assume different defaults based upon the command. This approach
would break the ability for the calling function to do the right
thing. As I stated I will update the Pull Request with better
documentation for this funciton.

I've also added a commit that updates the function to further explain
it.  Is there anything else you would like to have done?

donald