[dev] [FRR TSC] Package Discussion (Doodle for times)

Philippe Guibert philippe.guibert at 6wind.com
Tue May 30 03:01:05 EDT 2017

Hi Donald, Martin,

The discussion is about https://github.com/FRRouting/frr/pull/378 ?

The packaging process may differ for each distribution, and I think
contrary to the core application of frr, the packaging should differ
between distributions.
I would tend to accept the PR as is.
Then, if any issues on specific Linux distributions, the rpm folks will
have to show up.
Martin did a nice job to bootstrap and to try to aggregate packaging, but I
would tend to focus on the Debian/Ubuntu ones (startup and .deb).
Then, I would ask the Linux vendors to manage the over-mess of their
startup logics+packaging logics.

Cheers,
Philippe