[dev] A question about the # of vrf per router or switch can support by FRR?

Jay Chen jchen1 at paloaltonetworks.com
Wed Nov 1 13:00:48 EDT 2017

Hi Donald,

Great, thank you for the clarification.
I noticed that FRR using linked list in both BGP, and OSPF where a red black tree may be better in turn of Big-O. Two questions below:

A. Is it worth to implement a redblack tree?
B. Any effort is already in progress in implementing an embedded redblack tree and use it in some key places?

If the answer to A is yes, B is no. I can volunteer to implement a light weight redblack tree (embedded usage), and patch it (I have done a couple of time for another two router companies). I just thought it might be better than search a long linked list.

Thanks,
Jay