[dev] new debian build instructions

Rodny Molina rodnymolina at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 00:56:02 EDT 2017

Hi folks,

I just noticed that the original ‘debian’ folder has been moved to ‘debianpkg’ (which is breaking our build), and that there’s a new set of instructions for building FRR.deb package. However, these new instructions (debianpkg/README.deb_build.md) are not working for me. Basically, we are missing a ‘changelog’ and (apparently) some other debian requirements.

So a couple of questions:

* Do you have any cheatsheet for non-debian experts?

* Are (somewhat) drastic changes like this one expected in stable (3.0) branches? Was this discussed somewhere and i totally missed it?

Thanks.

/Rodny