[dev] Continued Discussion of Error Codes for FRR

Donald Sharp sharpd at cumulusnetworks.com
Wed Aug 22 11:57:26 EDT 2018

Notes from meeting:

1) Having log messages that we can track down to individual error
messages is a requirement as that end users may want to track what to
do on a per message basis.
2) Having log messages that can be tracked uniquely to a error message
as it evolves over time is a requirement as that users will not want
to keep track of this information from release to release.

We've also come up with a starting document on when to use what type
of log message:

https://github.com/FRRouting/frr/pull/2891

thanks!

donald