[dev] Reg: FRR PBR Configuration

valli rama pvallirama at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 05:25:28 EST 2018

Hi,

We have the below setup with RIP and PBR configurations

[image: image.png]

We have RIP default learned for 192.168.57.0 and we are trying to install
the PBR Policeis with the Next-hop 192.168.58.0 (other than the default one)

Step -1 First we are trying to install the PBR Policy “One” with Sequance
Number “1” and binded it to an interface on both the FRRouters A and B

[image: image.png]

Step -2 And we observed that the Traffic is redirected to the Nexhop given
in the policy. Which is working Fine.

Step -3 Now we are trying to update and re-install the PBR Policy “One”
with Sequance Number “2” and bound it to the same interface on both the
FRRouters A and B

[image: image.png]
[image: image.png]

Step-4 We observed that the Traffic is NOT redirected to the Nexhop for
Policy with Sequance Number “2”.

As per my understanding both the Policies Seq “1” and “2” are belongs to
same Policy-Map and Binded to the Interface and Both should work as per the
Policy Rules... But Rule with Sequance Number “1” is working as per the
Policy Rule But Rule with Sequance Number “2” is not working.

Could you please guide me whether I’m missing any configuration steps that
should be considered for getting the above stuff working.

And could you please let me know how to check the corresponding insalled
iptable entry in the linux kernel for the configured FRR PBR policy.

Thanks and Regards,

Valli