[dev] bgpd/bgp_mplsvpn.c change

Lou Berger lberger at labn.net
Wed Dec 12 10:15:57 EST 2018

Hi,

On 12/12/2018 10:02 AM, Anton Degtyarev wrote:
> Hi Donald,
>
> Yes, Renato had contacted me about this as well. Thank you for adding
> the needed tests. I will redo my tests in the lab I had prepared for a
> customer use case.

please also run bgp_l3vpn_to_bgp_vrf -- this actually would have caught
the breakage in the first place, but wasn't being run as part of the
original CI.

> The fix I had submitted was needed for locally defined subnets in a
> VRF which needed to be leaked into L3VPN. The issue I had observed was
> that they weren't -- because zebra thought that these subnets were not
> reachable. My theory (which worked for me and the customer) was that
> zebra was treating these prefixes wrong what, I thought, the patch
> corrected. Apologies for a high-level response -- I do not remember
> all details as this was a month ago.

I suspect that there are types/sub-types that need to be added to the
code if you make the original change...

> I will recreate the design I was testing again with the recent FRR
> master code and will give the new topotests a try as well.

Please also run the old one (the CI problem has been corrected and the
test is now being included.)