[dev] BMP

Yasuhiro Ohara yasu at nttv6.jp
Tue Dec 18 20:01:08 EST 2018

Hi Francois,

BMP is similar with MRT dump framework so the injection points
would be right next to the MRT functions. For now, I think the pthread
is too much to do, and I will do it without the dedicated pthread
(probably keeping the future pthread-enabled design in mind).

I will copy the route table stanpshot for the BMP initial stage, and the
BGP updates it gets while processing BMP initial downloading part.
In order not to block the normal BGP operations, the BMP green thread
will yield before it finishes his process; in this way the BGP view
is consistent and the BMP would not block other threads.
Each BMP sessions will have the dedicated route table(s) and the
BGP update queue that serves as the pointer in the BMP data processing.

The BMP session processing (listen and accept) is similar to the
vty and so we can put the access-list on it for security.

I've already started the work and have done the listen-accept part,
but let me take some more time to clear my company's approval
to make the code open.

Meanwhile we can discuss the additional issues that I'm missing.

I hope that I can share the first draft implementation
before mid January.

Best regards,
Yasu