[dev] [102attendees] Open source routing @ ietf meetup

Paulo Mendes paulo.mendes at ulusofona.pt
Thu Jul 19 06:23:33 EDT 2018

Dear Lou,

Although I cannot attend IETF102 in Montreal, I would like to bring to your attention the implementation that we have been doing at COPELABS of DABBER, an information-centric networking routing for opportunistic wireless networks.

DABBER was presented at the ICNRG meeting in IETF101 London, based on the draft draft-mendes-icnrg-dabber-00:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mendes-icnrg-dabber-00

First version of DABBER is already available for Android. It was implemented based on a new branch of Named-Data Networking for Android, called NDN-OPP (also developed at COPELABS). You can find the open source code in GitHub:
- DABBER: https://github.com/COPELABS-SITI/ndn-opp/tree/dabber
- NDN-OPP: https://github.com/COPELABS-SITI/ndn-opp

NDN-OPP (with Dabber) is also available on Google Play:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pt.ulusofona.copelabs.ndn

This work was already presented in ACM Mobisys 2018 and ACM ICN 2017:

- Miguel Tavares, Omar Aponte, Paulo Mendes, "Named-data Emergency Network Services", in ACM MOBISYS, Munich, Germany, June 2018.

- Seweryn Dynerowicz, Paulo Mendes, "Named-Data Networking in Opportunistic Networks", in ACM ICN, Berlin, Germany, September 2017.

Although I cannot join the planned gathering at Montreal, I’m available to answer any questions that may pop up about DABBER.

Melhores Cumprimentos / Best Regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Paulo Mendes, Ph.D
Coordinator SITI group @ COPELABS (http://siti.ulusofona.pt)
Director of NEMPS PhD program (http://nemps.ulusofona.pt <http://nemps.ulusofona.pt/>)
Associated Professor at University Lusofona, Portugal

http://www.paulomilheiromendes.com <http://www.paulomilheiromendes.com/>
Tel: +351 217 50 50 22