[dev] Dataplane API

Donald Sharp sharpd at cumulusnetworks.com
Mon Jul 23 12:59:00 EDT 2018

Jia -

You are actually thinking about something I've been contemplating for
a while now as well.  We need to provide a better api to handle
non-local interfaces for remote data planes.   I do think that there
is a lot of work here beyond just abstracting the ability for zebra to
know about an interface as that most of the daemons think about
interfaces as being local.  This is just work that needs to be done.

We are in active talks about the dataplane interface.  Would you like
to be included?

donald