[dev] Integrating DLEP with FRR

Susheela Francis Susheela.Francis at larsentoubro.com
Sun Mar 4 23:04:44 EST 2018

Hi Donald,
I have an independent DLEP stack. I have not been able to see the linux kernel routing table.
The stack passes 5 metrics to its peers. The 5 metrics are Maximum Data Rate, Current Data Rate, Latency, Resources and Relative Link Quality. (Reference RFC 8175)

I also have a program to convert DLEP metrics to OSPF metrics.

I need the DLEP stack to talk to FRR so that I can pass the radio information on to the other OSPF speaking routers on the network?

I can think of only two ways to do this
1. Integrate DLEP with FRR (as a daemon), if there is a provision for that.
2. Make the two stacks talk using the kernel routing table?

Can you please share your thoughts on the same?

Regards
Susheela