[dev] Integrating DLEP with FRR

Susheela Francis Susheela.Francis at larsentoubro.com
Tue Mar 6 04:49:46 EST 2018

Hi,
I have a radio that talks only SNMP. I need to interface the radio with IP network which runs OSPF routing protocol.
So I have a radio compute platform in between the rotuer and the radio which performs SNMP GET on certain RF parameters, converts it into DLEP metrics and passes it onto a DLEP stack.

I am presently using MIT-LL's LL-DLEP-master stack.
https://github.com/mit-ll/LL-DLEP

I have an ubuntu PC running FRR stack and DLEP stack on the other end which will interface the radio network with the OSPF network. I need an IPC to communicate between the two. As of now, my stack only passes mtrics to another machine which runs the DLEP stack.
I need to find a mechanism to either directly pass the DLEP metrics onto the FRR stack or do it through the linux kernel. I need to integrate the DLEP route into the OSPF table of FRR and distrubute it to the network.

Can you suggest some means to do this? You can refer to teh attached ppt for a basic representation of info flow.

Regards
Susheela