[dev] Need Information About SR Tunnel Creation Using OSPF in FRR

Shuvro shuvro5177 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 02:51:15 EDT 2019

Hi Team,

I want to create one SR tunnel between 4 FRR nodes where one node will be
used as head-end node which will be used to push the label stack.SRGB in
all these nodes will be same(10000-19999).I am going to use the loopback
interface for node SID. I have few questions in this regard:
(1) How can I use one dummy interface as loopback in case of SR,I have
tried using a dummy interface previously for vanilla OSPF and BGP,it works
fine but in case of SR config,it complains:
not a loopback interface
(2)To provision the tunnel effectively,how can I use prefix SID for the
connected interfaces.
I was using:
ip route x.x.x.x/mask <gateway> label as the node SID
Here,how can I configure prefix SID for the prefixes other than the node
prefix.
(3)How can I verify the tunnel in the data plane (e.g. ping works fine).

Any sample config in this regard will be helpful.

Thanks,
Shuvro