[dev] How to build FRR with snmp supported ?

David Lamparter equinox at diac24.net
Thu Aug 1 09:06:20 EDT 2019

On Thu, Aug 01, 2019 at 08:32:05PM +0800, Simon Jones wrote:
> Oh´╝îmaybe I did not introduce clearly, I'm working on sonic-frr(
> https://github.com/Azure/sonic-frr),

I don't see any changes in the Debian packaging there.

>     dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -b -us -uc -Ppkg.frr.nortrlib
> -j$(SONIC_CONFIG_MAKE_JOBS)

This command will build the "frr-snmp" package along with "frr",
"frr-doc" and "frr-pythontools".

>     - use this script to build sonic-frr docker image, is this script
> install SNMP codes into docker image? I think it's NOT, so I want to know
> how to package SNMP codes into docker image, which is how to install SNMP
> codes into deb package.

You're taking a wrong turn at the "into deb package" part.

The SNMP modules are in the "frr-snmp" package.  All you need to do is
to make sure the "frr-snmp" package is included in your Docker image,
like the "frr" package already is.

There's something in your Docker image build that already lists the FRR
package to be included into the image.  You need to add frr-snmp there.
Unfortunately I can't really help you with that as understanding the
Sonic Docker image build process would take up more of my time than I
can afford.  Sorry.

> Is it to add '-Ppkg.frr.snmp' ?

No.  That option does not exist.  It is always enabled.

-David