[dev] How to build FRR with snmp supported ?

Christian Franke chris at opensourcerouting.org
Fri Aug 2 03:56:41 EDT 2019

For licensing reasons, the snmp support for FRR is always built as a
separate package.

So it will never be part of the main FRR package. Instead, when you run
`dpkg-buildpackage` an additional `frr-snmp` package will be produced.

To debug your problem, as pointed out by David, first check whether the
`frr-snmp` package is built by your call to `dpkg-buildpackage` and then
check your Dockerfile to see if it actually installs the `frr-snmp` package.

All Best,
Chris