[dev] running topotests

Aleksey Romanov aleksey at voltanet.io
Mon Dec 2 22:35:13 EST 2019

Hi Donald,

Mark helped me using our local slack.

I could not be 100% sure yet until I repeat all the steps but here is the
problem as I understand it today.

I built and installed frr for ubuntu 18.04 according to
http://docs.frrouting.org/projects/dev-guide/en/latest/building-frr-for-ubuntu1804.html,
in this case shared libraries are placed in /usr/lib/frr. It creates some
subtle problem with vtysh when running topotests (and topotest only). It
was resolved by adding file with /usr/lib/frr path to /etc/ld.so.conf.d and
running ldconfig.

The topotest instructions
http://docs.frrouting.org/projects/dev-guide/en/latest/topotests.html
suggest slightly different set of configure options and I guess they do not
hit this problem because of different shared libs placement - but as I said
I did not try it yet.

Thanks,

Aleksey