[dev] Northbound changes discussion - MOM 13/12/2019

Renato Westphal renato at opensourcerouting.org
Fri Dec 13 16:16:23 EST 2019

On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 3:15 PM Santosh P K via dev
<dev at lists.frrouting.org> wrote:

> [...]

Just checked and this won't be possible unfortunately. YANG deviations
can only be used to change properties of a target node, they can't be
used to transform a container into an augmentation for instance.

In that case, what we can do is to have modified versions of IETF
modules in our tree (like other people suggested). We would only need
to name them differently to make it explicit they are not the original
IETF modules. In the future, once support for schema mount is
integrated into libyang, we can get rid of this hack and "migrate" to
the original IETF modules. This is just one possibility, more
discussions need to be done about this.

Cheers,
Renato.

--