[dev] Conditions to have code accepted into the project

Renato Westphal renato at opensourcerouting.org
Thu Jan 10 08:13:38 EST 2019

Exciting news, a LISP implementation in FRR would be amazing!

Regarding your questions, here are my two cents:
* FRR's CLI and zclient code are tightly coupled to the FRR event loop
(lib/thread.[ch]), and this essentially makes it impossible for a
daemon to use a different event loop. ldpd and nhrpd used libevent and
libev, respectively, and both had to be converted to use FRR's event
library.
* Not using FRR's memory management should be fine (ldpd doesn't use
it for instance, and other daemons use it only partially).
* Our documentation says the Apache 2.0 and GPLv2 licenses are
incompatible [1] unfortunately. Maybe JR and David can provide you
guidance on how to solve this problem.

Best Regards,
Renato.

[1] http://docs.frrouting.org/projects/dev-guide/en/latest/workflow.html#license-for-contributions