[dev] VxLAN and Linux Kernel support

Donald Sharp sharpd at cumulusnetworks.com
Wed Jun 19 08:16:48 EDT 2019

Rubens -

It's an unfortunate fact that new features require newer kernels to
support those features.  All the patches to make VxLAN happen are
available in the linux kernel but as you have discovered moving code
from newer versions to older versions can be quite a fun experience.
I don't have any suggestions about this other than to keep at it or to
see if you can hire someone to do the work for you.

thanks!

donald