[dev] Here is what I did for libyang in Ubuntu 18.04

Mike Mazarick mike.mazarick at virtudatacenter.com
Wed Jan 22 12:43:30 EST 2020

I built from source (option #2).   I had to acquire a pcre-devel library,
which was done by issuing the following command first:

sudo apt-cache search pcre

This was located here:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2263404/what-package-i-should-install-fo
r-pcre-devel

I found this by googling pcre dev.  It told me to grep "dev" (which I did).
Afterwards, I was able to issue:

sudo apt-get install libpcre2-dev

After this command, I was able to issue this one:

sudo apt-get install libpcre-dev

A new user is looking for a "recipe" of commands to use.

It seems a real shame, because the repository is clearly marked and somebody
spent some time getting it operational.   It just doesn't have the "git
clone
https://ci1.netdef.org/browse/LIBYANG-YANGRELEASE/latestSuccessful/artifact
somename.git
<https://ci1.netdef.org/browse/LIBYANG-YANGRELEASE/latestSuccessful/artifact
%20somename.git> ".   I would have chosen option #1 if it did.  Instead, I
chose to build libyang from source.

Mike Mazarick