[dev] Regarding FRR Pim Protocol Function

Chriztoffer Hansen ch at ntrv.dk
Fri Sep 18 13:39:30 UTC 2020

On 17/09/2020 05:44, Pankaj Garbyal wrote:
> I am using FRRRouting Release 5.1 for PIM Protocol support in my Switch.
> But I find that PIM Protocol is not acknowledging the multicast packets
> coming towards it. When i compared the same with FRR installed in Linux
> PC, i found that a new interface named "pimreg" is enabled by FRR but
> the same is not happening in FRR of my switch. Kindly provide me help to
> get the pimreg interface option in my switch through FRR. also provide
> some information on the role of "pimreg" to run the PIM Protocol at FRR.
> Attached here my quagga build file for your reference. Thank you in
> advance for your support.
>
> Pankaj Garbyal

Have you checked the observed behaviour with the documentation relevant
for 5.1 [0]?

What is the version of frr you are running "in linux pc"?

[0]:     https://docs.frrouting.org/en/stable-5.0/
[1]:     https://docs.frrouting.org/en/stable-6.0/
[2]:     https://docs.frrouting.org/en/stable-7.0/
[3]:     https://docs.frrouting.org/en/stable-7.1/