[FROG] Install frrouting inside Docker container

AJ NOURI ajn.bin at gmail.com
Tue May 30 07:02:54 EDT 2017

I am trying to install frrouting on a docker container (ubuntu-based) and I
am still fighting againt dependency hell.

I have already installed :
readline autoconf libtool libjson-c-dev tar build-essential libxml2
libxml-libxml-perl dialog pkg-config libglib2.0-dev
But I am stuck with "libcares", which I cannot find as a package:
configure: error: Package requirements (libcares) were not met:

No package 'libcares' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables CARES_CFLAGS
and CARES_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.