[FROG] EIGRP authentication issues

Heikki Lavaste heikki.lavaste at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 18 05:09:21 EDT 2018

Hi,

If I try to enable authentication for EIGRP, --> FRR-1(config-if)# ip authentication key-chain eigrp 100 test,                                                    │
I get the following error:  " Key chain with specified name not found"

Running config:

hostname FRR-1
service integrated-vtysh-config
!
key chain test
 key 1
  key-string testing
!
interface eth2
 ip address 192.168.2.1/24
!
interface eth4
 ip address 192.168.200.2/24
!
router eigrp 100
 network 100.100.100.0/24
 network 192.168.2.0/24

rpm -qa | grep frr                                                                                │
frr-pythontools-6.0-001.el7.centos.x86_64                                                                             │
frr-6.0-001.el7.centos.x86_64

CentOS Linux release 7.5.1804 (Core)

The command seems to be there, even though not mentioned in the Docs, ( only for RIP).
Should this work?

Kind Regards
Heikki Lavaste