[FROG] question from a noob at networking and routing

o1bigtenor o1bigtenor at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 18:03:07 EDT 2018

Greetings

I had occasion to experiment with canonical's lxd which forced me to
use snapd. In the process of this education I found that canonical
forced dialy upgrades/updates (not sure which is the correct term). In
trying to tame this insistence of ET's on calling home I got to a
solution, suggested on the snapd forum which seemed to work. The
result was that every month (the new updating frequency) my system
would shut itself down because I had refused to let it connect to the
snapd and lxd mother ships.

Your FRRouting, that I have just found, looks like quite interesting
stuff but I'm seeing where installing from snapcraft is considered an
option. As I have had quite some pain from snapcraft/snapd I am
curious as to why  something that forced daily upgrades/updates is
being used to install software that 'just needs to work'?

If this kind of question is considered 'not nice' I will apologize in
advance but I still would like to understand the logic behind choosing
this method of installation.

Regards

Dee