[FROG] Question

Lou Berger lberger at labn.net
Thu Jan 3 06:13:19 EST 2019

----------
On January 3, 2019 3:14:42 AM Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike at swm.pp.se> wrote:

> On Wed, 2 Jan 2019, Lou Berger wrote:

>>> I doubt you'd get more than 300-500 megabit/s of large packets using
>>> regular Linux kernel forwarding on that platform.
>>
>> While I certainly expected you to be right -- it's forwarding a 1G w NAT --
>> basically the out of the box config!  It allso does >500M on wifi 5G (~1M air
>> gap;-)
>
> Impressive, I'm glad to be wrong!

 Note I only did a unidirectional file transfer test - so don't know if it
can get the full bidirectional 2G.

> Just to check, this is with OpenWrt? I just presumed you were running
> OpenWrt on WRT54 and I re-read your text above and I just realised I
> probably presumed wrong.

I'm not sure if you're asking about the old or new device -- either way
openwrt are on both.  The reason I went with the gl.inet device in the
first place is it comes preloaded with openwrt...

Cheers,
Lou