[FROG] question on OSPF over GRE support and possible limitations

Andrea di donato anddid at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 10:39:08 UTC 2020

Hello all,

I haven't tested FRR yet but was wondering whether FRR is able to form an
OSPF adjacency over a GRE tunnel. I was also wondering if there was any
limitation should the GRE tunnel dst ip address be resolved by a BGP prefix
rather than by an IGP prefix or a static route. I am saying this as, for
instance, Cisco IOSXR had and possibly still has that kind of limitation
where the ospf process couldn't perform recursive lookups as such in
order to then send helloes and flood LSAs ...

Cheers
Andrea Di Donato

  --

(?P<whatever>.*IE)
No trees were killed in the creation of this message. However, many