[FROG] How to test ipv6 anycast address with frr routing?

Chriztoffer Hansen ch at ntrv.dk
Sat Feb 27 03:12:41 UTC 2021

On Sat, 27 Feb 2021 at 01:09, yan via frog <frog at lists.frrouting.org> wrote:
> does frr routing support ipv6 anycast address configuration?

Anycast routing in the essence of things is "just" announcing the same
prefix from multiple locations.

> How could I test ipv6 anycast address with frr routing?

In the simplest of set-ups, configure multiple hosts to originate the
same prefix (e.g. /32, /128) That would be anycast at the most basic
level.

(What services you will want to host from the anycast IP(s) is at your
own descretion.)

> Is there a tutorial about this?

The official docs https://docs.frrouting.org does not contain such a
tutorial. Thou I suspect more than one blogpost, conference talk has
been given on the topic over the years (not being FRRouting specific).
But most always this will be a generalized one. Skipping any in-depth
(SW specific) tutorial content. And "just" explaining the concept.

--
Chriztoffer