[FROG] BGP l2vpn evpn : received routes discarded

Erwan David erwan at rail.eu.org
Tue Mar 30 14:32:59 UTC 2021

Hello,

I have a lab with frr 7.1 and a bgp l2vpn setting which works fine.
I try to install it in production on frr 7.5.1, and it does not work and
I cannot see why. It seems the received routes are refused by the
destination (both sode have a similar configuration.

Here is my configuration :

address-family l2vpn evpn
   neighbor EVPN_UNDERLAY activate
   neighbor EVPN_UNDERLAY soft-reconfiguration inbound
   advertise-all-vni
   autort rfc8365-compatible
   advertise-default-gw
   advertise-svi-ip
exit-address-family

My diagnostics are :

# show evpn mac vni 64
Number of MACs (local and remote) known for this VNI: 1
Flags: N=sync-neighs, I=local-inactive, P=peer-active, X=peer-proxy
MAC               Type   Flags Intf/Remote ES/VTEP            VLAN  Seq #'s
f2:47:b9:38:5e:d7 local        br64                           1     0/0

which is the local mac.

On bgp side :

# show bgp neighbors xx.xx.xx.202
BGP neighbor is xx.xx.xx.202, remote AS ASn, local AS ASn, internal link
Hostname: ot-rtr-cog-1
  Member of peer-group EVPN_UNDERLAY for session parameters
   BGP version 4, remote router ID Id2, local router ID Id1
   BGP state = Established, up for 00:23:20
   Last read 00:00:20, Last write 00:00:20
   Hold time is 180, keepalive interval is 60 seconds
   Neighbor capabilities:
     4 Byte AS: advertised and received
     AddPath:
       L2VPN EVPN: RX advertised L2VPN EVPN and received
     Route refresh: advertised and received(old & new)
     Address Family L2VPN EVPN: advertised and received
     Hostname Capability: advertised (name: ot-rtr-en1-1,domain name:
n/a) received (name: ot-rtr-cog-1,domain name: n/a)
     Graceful Restart Capability: advertised and received
       Remote Restart timer is 120 seconds
       Address families by peer:
         none
   Graceful restart information:
[...]
   Message statistics:
[...]

  For address family: L2VPN EVPN
   EVPN_UNDERLAY peer-group member
   Update group 11, subgroup 10
   Packet Queue length 0
   Inbound soft reconfiguration allowed
   NEXT_HOP is propagated unchanged to this neighbor
   Community attribute sent to this neighbor(all)
   advertise-all-vni
   Inbound path policy configured
   Outbound path policy configured
   0 accepted prefixes
[...]

And
# show bgp l2vpn evpn neighbors xxx.xxx.xxx.202 routes
No prefixes displayed, 4 exist

On the other side, the advertised-routes show 4 routes (3 type 2 and 1
type 3)

I tried to put a route-map with only a permit, but no change.

So I'm looking for help in finding the error in my settings

Thanks.