[dev] Plans regarding VRF support for EIGRP

Viktor Novotný novotnyv at ttc.cz
Fri Jun 23 13:55:12 EDT 2017

Hi everyone,

our company is exploring option to use FRR based solution for IoT
device. We would like to separate traffic to different applications into
different VRFs, but it seems that VRF support is not implemented for
EIGRP, is that so?

I tried to create two eigrp router instances like this:

/router eigrp 1//
// eigrp router-id 192.168.2.3//
// network 192.168.2.0/24 //
// network 192.168.16.0/24 //
// network 192.168.240.0/24 //
//
//router eigrp 2//
// eigrp router-id 192.168.3.3//
// network 192.168.3.0/24 //
// network 192.168.17.0/24/

but all networks end up in the same instance in running config like this:

/router eigrp 1//
// network 192.168.2.0/24 //
// network 192.168.3.0/24 //
// network 192.168.16.0/24 //
// network 192.168.17.0/24 //
// network 192.168.240.0/24 /

So if I haven't made any obvious mistake and VRF is indeed missing, are
there any plans to add it or is anybody even working on it?

Thank you

Viktor