[dev] FreeBSD port

Olivier Cochard-Labbé olivier at freebsd.org
Tue Jun 27 10:10:14 EDT 2017

Hi,

I've started working on the frr FreeBSD port (to be included into the
official port-tree) and I've got some questions.

1. I've got a display bug with vtysh: Almost each line end up with a :
--More--(END)

I need to setup environment variable VTYSH_PAGER="" for fixing this
problem. Is this a standard behavior ?

2. pimd is enabled by default into the configure script and it compiles
great... but does someone tested it on FreeBSD ? (I didn't reach to use it).
It has a different behavior from the other daemon too: As example it didn't
support the -C/--dryrun option.

3. Regarding snmp configure option: Once enabled, I've got some build error
like this one:

vty.c:561:19: warning: implicit declaration of function 'typeof' is invalid
in C99
[-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
size_t nwrite = MIN ((int) strlen (str), VTY_BUFSIZ - vty->cp -
1);
^
./zebra.h:341:5: note: expanded from macro
'MIN'
({ typeof (a) _a = (a);
\
^
vty.c:561:19: error: expected ';' after
expression
./zebra.h:341:16: note: expanded from macro
'MIN'
({ typeof (a) _a = (a); \

^
vty.c:561:19: error: use of undeclared identifier
'_a'
./zebra.h:341:16: note: expanded from macro
'MIN'
({ typeof (a) _a = (a); \

4. Regarding the tcmalloc configure option: Where can I find some benchmark
somewhere about the benefits of this feature ?

Thanks,

Olivier