[frr] Quagga bug id 870 (was Re: Meetup @IETF this week?)

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Fri Mar 31 10:29:34 EDT 2017

On 3/31/2017 9:47 AM, Mike Tancsa wrote:
> OK, sort of good news sort of indeterminate news.  I compiled up a
> version on FreeBSD #11 stable. The problem might not be there. However,
> I was not able to bring up all my peers as bgp passwords do not seem to
> work. I have about 9 peers that I use passwords with and its possible
> those peers might be triggering the problem. But with the other 20+
> peers, I was not able to see the issue, at least for the 15min or so
> that I have the peers up so far.

OK, I managed to get tcp md5 working. I think the issue is with the new
interface for ipsec in FreeBSD. I updated the kernel at the same time,
and something broke md5 for both quagga and frr. I reverted to the old
kernel and bgp passwords are working.

However, the issue with the peers being out of order also seems to have
mangled my bgp config that I brought over as it too is all mangled.
Parts of the config are saved out of order and I think its broken my
prefix lists for some peers so I will have to shut this test down for today.

But on the plus side, I did NOT see any evidence of the Quagga bug. I
was able to hard clear an ibgp peer and all the routes came back as
expected. It took just over 2 min for the session to come up, but it did
and the outQ stayed at zero.

	---Mike

--
Mike Tancsa, tel +1 519 651 3400