[dev] ospfclient and ospf_api_server

Jia Chen jchen1 at paloaltonetworks.com
Mon Aug 20 17:01:48 EDT 2018

We do not need it even remotely, I do not see any need to keep this code ;-)
Jay

On 8/20/18, 10:42 AM, "dev on behalf of Donald Sharp" <dev-bounces at lists.frrouting.org on behalf of sharpd at cumulusnetworks.com> wrote:

    All -

    Is anyone using this code?  It was put into place in the 2003
    timeframe and from a quick look at the git logs for the files since
    then I see 2 actual bug fixes, one in 2005 and one in 2013( to fix a
    CVE ).  I cannot imagine that with the plethora of changes to ospf
    since then and some of the other concerns outlined to me (namely 1500
    byte limit on opaque_lsa ) that this functionality provides anything
    useful.

    Is anyone planning on using this or see a need to keep this code?